Wednesday 12 March 2014

A day in the sun

Today was a wonderful day.  The sun was shining and after I hung out a washing and done some still life out in my back garden, I decided to explore the new area that I just recently moved to.  With my house just minutes away from the beach I travelled inwards towards Haddington. 

Haddington is a lovely town.  It is full of history and in time I will explore there and hopefully take some interesting shots of the buildings as well as the people that stay there.  However today I was just stopping for a couple of messages.


Driving along the road I saw Hopetoun Monument.  Although it’s up a hill (which I don’t like) I took my camera bag and started trudging my way up the hill.  When I reached the top, the views were incredible.  I could see all around, I didn’t climb up the monument (thought I’d leave that for another day) but I sat and enjoyed the views as well as the sunshine.

(c) Copyright Lyndsey Norton
(c) Copyright Lyndsey Norton



(c) Copyright Lyndsey Norton



On the way back from the monument, I decided to take the coastal route through Aberlady.   I stopped at Longniddry Bents and watched the people on their deckchairs and sitting on the beach enjoying the weather as much as I was.  The view was quite hazy but I could still see Cockenzie power station on the horizon.

I sat there for a while watching the horizon, thinking to myself, what will the skyline look like when the Cockenzie Chimneys disappear…..


No comments:

Post a Comment