Sunday 27 April 2014

Self Portrait

So this week I have been experimenting with layers.  Normally I don’t like overlaying images on top of each other but perhaps that is just because it is not a technique I often use.  

Playing about, I decided my chosen ‘top layer’ would look better on top of a portrait and although I have a lot of imagery of people mostly they are done in a studio environment and the typical family shot did not suit what I was going for. On that note, I have used a shot of myself (I am not a narcissist, I promise).

Looking at this image, I think it has an almost dream like feel to it. This is a feeling I would like to explore further, so if I ask for models please don’t feel intimidated.  I don’t want people to think that I am hiding the original image.  Instead, I wanted to add something to it and make it something other than a normal self portrait.  

 
(c) Lyndsey Norton Photography

1 comment: