Wednesday 30 April 2014

Mist covered fields

Usually between Haddington to Tranent you can see the coast, you can see the Forth Bridges and Arthur’s Seat in the distance.  However, today you couldn’t see anything.  The roads were covered in fog.  When I pulled into a lay-by and was looking over the fields, I couldn’t help but think how eerie and, to be honest, a little dull the landscape looked.  However, after sitting for a few minutes it seemed rather peaceful, no distractions and just relaxing.  Usually I need some sunshine to help me relax but this weather had a similar effect (minus the tan).







This photograph depicts the fields covered in fog and also shows a contrast in the vibrancy of shades of green.  It also shows that some things such as the weather conditions remind you of other aspects. For instance, the smell of Dove always reminds me of my Gran and when I look at this image I am reminded of the novel Wuthering Heights.  Although I was by a busy main road shooting this, I could have been some isolated area overlooking some vast manor.  The road was a national speed limit road and you have to think, what other things do you miss when you are driving at speed?

No comments:

Post a Comment