Sunday 7 September 2014

A trip up Traprain Law

Traprain Law

Recently myself and my other half took on the challenge of climbing Traprain Law.  I know to some it may not be much of a challenge but for someone who doesn't like climbing hills it is and, contrary to some, I only had a moan twice.

 © Lyndsey Norton Photography

 The image above shows our starting point.  A nice flat walk along the road with lovely views of the surrounding areas.  I love the many textures in this image.  It certainly shows you are amongst nature.


 © Lyndsey Norton Photography
Further up the hill I took this image.  I love the distinct colouring of the sky and hay fields.  I also have never seen bails of hay towered like this.  I felt a great sense of peace here.


 © Lyndsey Norton Photography
 Obviously a blog about Traprain Law would not be complete without an image of one of the horses that call this place home.  A single horse eats quietly while the rest of the herd ate a little a way.  Again the peaceful element came into play here.  This with the different textures of the grass, clouds and fields make up what I believe to be a interesting photograph.


 © Lyndsey Norton Photography

 © Lyndsey Norton Photography
 The above two images show different elements that I didn't realise would be at the top of the Law.  The first shows a pool of water, presumably it is for the horses.   I like that throughout my series of images different textures are added which I believe show the many layers that can exist amongst nature.  The second image shows some built up stones.  Having discussed this with my partner, I found out that a fort once stood upon Traprain Law.  I find this sort of history fascinating, I love seeing remnants of what used to be.

 © Lyndsey Norton Photography
While I explored my surroundings, my other half did the same.  I love this image because it puts everything in perspective.  Whilst I perhaps didn't love the walk up Traprain, I did like the views at the top.  You couldn't hear anything other than a spoilt chicken making a riot at a distant farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment